9 Feb 2014

New things

How is everyone?

According to some people, they are always surprised with the things I do. I have lived a sheltered life (as Dad will often point out) but sometimes I do things that are way out of my comfort zone. From my schooling days people were surprised when I volunteer for things that I wouldn't be able to do normally, speak my mind and make a huge teenage rugby player back down. I generally put it down to my ability to remember many details and adapt to situations - Being left overseas has helped with both of those skills.

Anyway, the point is that I attempt a lot of things, I don't always succeed (in fact, I'm lucky if I do), I just enjoy a variety of things. That said I will not sit through a zombie film. I don't care what the setting is, if someone is infected, they become aggressive/violent, skin changes colour, the infection passes onto other people and can only be killed with a bashed in head, then it is a ZOMBIE!
...
Sorry, Mum and Dad had me sit and watch a sci-fi movie, but as soon as the zombies appeared (Dad insists that they were zombie-like but there is no difference) I immediately went "Nope, not watching this", so I put on headphones and played a game.

Where was I again? Oh yeah, so I tried to do something different for the faces today. First off, they are both ACEOs - something that I haven't done for a very long time. One of them is incomplete and I plan to try out some water colour techniques, the other took 3+ hours to do. Luckily I had something to listen to while doing so.


Pointillism inspired and a bit of Colour Field. I liked trying out the technique, although I had no idea what I was painting in while doing it!

It was a overcast day here and raining in the morning. I could tell - besides hearing the rain my hair was curly.
Day 8 and 9: Mission accomplished!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

P.S. I finished the Professor Layton game yesterday and burst out into tears. Mum started to laugh at me, but she is a sympathetic crier and so we were both crying. And laughing at how hopeless the both of us are.

8 comments:

  1. just fab experiments and art!
    GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your pointilism experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, left overseas, sheltered life, ahh no sweetness, you adapt awesomely but don't always 'have to' involve yourself to partake sometimes eg while a zombie film is on you can sit with others but zone into something more appealing (art and music) hence partaking but in a 'Memphis' way :)
    Love this pointillism aceo, and realise how much patience it took to try something new, well done and great result, also look forward to seeing what you do with the rainy day sketch, looking good already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I think your pointillism experiment worked out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would cry along, but I will now have to look for that game and send you some kleenex :o0
    I love both ACEO, I can't make pointillism, makes me too antsy hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and your pieces are fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you tried something new and I think you did succeed. I love your faces xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great two new faces Memphis! The colored one is amazing! Well done! I'm proud of you for always going for things and doing things! You never fail, if you have tried ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete

If you have a few moments I would really appreciate your feedback on my post :) and thank you for dropping by so I could share my stories with you :)